Tuesday 27 May 2008

Number one in Google

As you may have noticed, I haven't really written match on this site for some time. Just kinda lost interest / run out of things to say.

Well, here I am, and maybe this post will be the first of many more to come.

I have slightly changed the layout of the page, but i still think it looks really crap. Blogger don't really provide many options on the template front, which is why I now recommend Wordpress for setting up a blog. Its so much cleaner and more options to tweek your site. Check out this as an example: I Like To Rant

I've taken away alot of crappy adds and affiliate marketing stuff. I didn't earn any money with it so decided to boot it. I still think there is alot of money to be earned from affiliate marketing online, but it looks like a tricky thing to get in to, and at the mo i really don't have the motivation to do it.

Along with my new layout I also have a new position in Google. After being at war with 3 hot girls for a couple of months, I can now, proudly say, that I have whipped there Arse's and sit at number one on Google for the term "ismooch". Which I doubt will do anything in terms of traffic, but its a personal achievement that I am pleased with :)

Not to sure how long I will stay there though, as it appears that since I amended my layout slightly, my search engine traffic has become non existent. I'm thinking that it may take Google some time to find me again, so in the meantime, I'm just writing to my self.



2 comments:

Dan said...

Love the post!

Wonder how many other people out there blog to themselves?

There are loads of ways to drive traffic. You could start commenting on other blogs and adding your blog URL...

Chris said...

Thanks.

Im sure im not the only one. plenty of sado's out there :)

yeah i do do that, but takes time, and i really cant be bothered.

you can leave it for me if you like?!? yeah...